Interest Groups September, 2012
1. Green Living - Let’s make reusable items to replace the disposables we use every day! We will use fabric remnants to make snack bags, cloth napkins and shopping bags.
2. Bingo Bash - Do you love BINGO? Here’s your chance to play all kinds of different BINGO games. Everybody will get a chance to win at BINGO.
3. Teddy Bear Picnic - Bring your favorite teddy bear and come picnic with us. Each week we will make a small snack and find a special place to picnic with our teddy bears and read stories about bears.
4. Outdoor Fun- We will do outdoor activities such as scavenger hunts and a mystery hunt with clues written in code. If it rains, we will play some classroom games.
5. Beading Blast- We will learn to make different styles of friendship bracelets, necklaces, earrings and trinkets using many types of beads and bead patterns. You can make these projects for yourself or as gifts to friends and family. We will take a field trip to a bead store for ideas and inspiration.
6. Make It Take It - Come make, and then take home with you, many interesting creations using recycled and found objects, glue, and your creative ideas.
7. Sewing Sensations - In this interest group we will be sewing, sewing, sewing the projects that we make, such as pillows and stuffed animals.
8. We Built That - Do you have enough time to build with legos or other building materials during centers or rainy day recesses? If the answer to this question is no, then you want to sign up for this building interest group. We will share building materials, ideas, and have fun.
9. Baskets - If you would like to learn to weave a basket, this is the group for you. We will dye some basket reed to add color to our work. You will be making baskets to take home to give as a gifts or to keep your treasures in.
10. Games with Balls - Do you know how to juggle? Do you like to play basketball or soccer? Do you like to make up games of you own and teach them to your friends? In this interest group we will spend time learning new games and skills with balls and also playing some of our favorite ball games.
11. Boats - We’ll make small boats from a variety of materials and try them out to see if they will float. We may also make small people or creatures to ride in the boats.
12. Fun Faces - Would you like to learn how to face paint? Then this is the interest group for you. We'll have fun practicing on each other. We'll take turns to paint and be painted. There are all kinds of faces you can choose from. Let's face it, we'll have fun!!
13. Lights Camera ACTION - Calling all movie makers! Create your own HOW TO CFS video. Join us to design and film how-to movies on the CFS campus. We'll design movies on how to care for the pigs on the weekend, how to take care of the classroom pets, how to take care of the garden … help us decide what movies we'll create!
14. Soccer - In this Interest Group we will get the opportunity to play the world’s most popular sport: football, or as we call it, soccer. We will play a variety of different versions, including indoor soccer, outdoor soccer, world cup, and three goal soccer. We might even create our own version. Come join us if you love soccer!