This week's Big Fish
What's new in Design and Engineering?
River and Sky students have been:
- Making predictions about which materials and properties of materials are good or poor choices for a hand pollinator design.
- Conducting controlled experiments to observe and describe the efficacy of materials for picking up and depositing "pollen."
- Analyzing and comparing results of the experiments to inform decisions about their hand pollinator design.
• Different materials have different properties.
• Pollination is the reproductive system by which many plants produce new seeds.
• Pollination can be accomplished by wind, insects, other animals.
• Flowers have specific structures with specific functions.