Big Fish Information
Every week in River Class we will have a Big Fish. Each River student gets to be the Big Fish once during the school year.
Big Fish duties include:
1. Leading the lines
2. Calling the roll
3. Sharing every day of the week except for Mondays (includes 'live' shares such as pets and/or family members)
4. Sits on the Big Fish bench
5. Gets to choose people to sit with them (must have everyone at least one time) at the Big Fish table
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How will I know when my child is Big Fish?
a) We send out a master list (via e-mail).
2. What if that week is difficult for our family?
b) We can switch weeks with another child (we've done this on several occasions).
3. How will I know what to do?
c) We send an e-mail with all the attachments.
4. Does my child have to share every day?
d) No. They have the choice to share or not.
5. When is the best time to bring in a 'live' share?
e) We typically do 'live' shares such as pets or family members first thing in the morning before we settle-in (around 8:35).